Celene Chan Andrews
Celene practices law with a generous spirit and unflappable calm. She has dedicated her entire practice to representing plaintiffs and consumers. Celene appreciates the connections she makes and builds with clients, class members, and colleagues. All of these people inspire her to give her all. Celene values giving back to her community with the same passion she brings to representing her clients. She serves as an active leader of several bar and professional organizations and as a regular volunteer providing pro bono legal services to the community.
Celene is a planning and spreadsheet enthusiast. When she’s not working, she’s busy planning something fun––from travel to events, gatherings to fun surprises, or even just a simple meal. Any opportunity to merge working with people, food, and spreadsheets takes Celene to her happy place.
- In Re: Champlain Towers South Collapse Litigation––$1,188,549,000 Settlement
- Class of Hawai’i Homeowners with Defective Construction Products––$90,341,564.68 Settlement
- Classes of Hawai’i Homeowners with Defective Construction Products and Design––$40,000,000 Settlement
- Classes of Hawai’i Homeowners with Defective Construction Products––$35,700,000 Settlement
- Nationwide Class of Ponzi Scheme Victims––$8,250,000 Settlement
- Government Claim for Business Owners––$2,700,000 Settlement
- Wrongful Death 1983 Claim––$1,845,000 Settlement
- Copyright and Trade Secrets Claims––$985,000 Settlement
Disclaimer: The verdicts and settlements listed here provide examples of some of the successes lawyers at LippSmith LLP have obtained. These results do not indicate or guarantee future results. The success of each case depends on its specific facts, circumstances, and merit.
- Class Actions
- Personal Injury
- Mass Torts
- Construction Defect
- Intellectual Property
- Business Litigation
- University of California, Los Angeles, B.A., cum laude
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, J.D.
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, District of Hawaii
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. Supreme Court
Judicial Clerkships & Externships
- Judicial Law Clerk, Honorable Alan S. Gold, U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- Judicial Extern, Honorable David A. Ezra, U.S. District Court, District of Hawaii
Honors & Awards
- Legal Eagles Pro Bono Clinic, Volunteer of the Year, 2013–2014
- Southern California Chinese Lawyers Association, President’s Award, 2016
- Super Lawyer, 2020–2021
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2014–2018
- Top 10 California Attorneys Under 40, National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys, 2015
- Top 40 Under 40, National Trial Lawyers, 2014
- Up-and-Coming 50: Women Southern California Rising Stars, 2016–18
- Up-and-Coming 100: Southern California Rising Stars, 2016–18
- Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Litigation Section Executive Committee, Brown Bag Lunch Committee, Co-Chair
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association, Mass Torts & Class Actions Committee, Chair
- RISE Women Lawyers, Steering Committee
- Southern California Chinese Lawyers Association, Vice President
- Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles, Racial Justice and Equality Advisory Council
- Asian Pacific American Heritage Month: Celebrating APA Women in Leadership, Asian Pacific American Bar Association, Panelist
- Clerkship Panel Series: Federal Clerkships & Externships, Southern California Chinese Lawyers Association, Moderator
- The Economics and Ethics of Litigation Funding, National Asian Pacific American Bar Association, Moderator
- How to Represent a Plaintiff and Participate in a Mass Tort or Class Action, Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles, Speaker
- Litigation Bootcamp, Los Angeles County Bar Association, Speaker
- The Role and Effects of Class Action Lawsuits on the Business of Sports, Sports Law Association, Panelist
- Venice High School Academy of Law & Public Service, Mexican American Bar Association & Southern California Chinese Lawyers Association, Speaker
- Women’s Leadership Conference, University of California, Speaker
This website provides general information that does not constitute legal advice. The best way to obtain guidance on your specific legal issue is to contact a lawyer. To schedule a free consultation, please complete the intake form or call the firm.
Fields marked with an * are required.
Disclaimer: The use of this this form or the internet to communicate with LippSmith LLP or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Do not include any confidential or time-sensitive information using this form.